SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I'm just starting new threads all over the place this week but weird things just keep happening here at Hartge's in wonderful downtown Galesville, MD.

Foolish thing number one:
Last week, a couple of guys purchased a sailboat which had been on the hard for several years. They showed up with a trailer for a power boat. Of course, the sailboat wouldn't fit, so they CUT THE KEEL OFF WITH A CHAIN SAW! Lead and all.

It still wouldn't fit, so they cut even more. They threw the pieces to the keel into the truck and hauled the sailboat away. I don't know, but I would bet that putting that keel back together and onto the boat would cost considerably more than a custom made trailer.

Foolish thing number two.
After the Hobie Cat race last Tuesday, they hauled out one of the racers out onto a trailer, and proceeded to take it home. Trouble was, they forgot to take down the mast, and knocked down power lines and phone lines.

Unfortunately, I was not witness to either of the witless events so have to rely on the stories I heard. And I have no PIX.

I'll bet you folks on sailnet can top these stories. So lets hear them.:worthless:

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
don't bet on that Mimsy.
WOW! Maybe they bought the boat for the parts? Maybe its just a salvage?!?! SUrely no one can be that foolish.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hate to admit it but I did the mast up thing once. Long day on the water and the road from and to the storage lot is one way. Totally forgot that I needed to go the wrong way for a hundred yards to avoid a LARGE tree. On the plus side, it made the decision on when to redo the standing rigging EASY:eek: .

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
Try as we mite...

WOW! Maybe they bought the boat for the parts? Maybe its just a salvage?!?! SUrely no one can be that foolish.
NOTHING is foolproof...just when you think you have created something foolproof along comes a more talented fool.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Just remember, in the race between man and God, where man makes something foolproof, and God makes a better fool....God is clearly winning and he can just upgrade all of his fools to the latest version...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts