SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Puget Sound Pounder
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2.5 year old Force 10 stove/oven. The igniter is misbehaving. When we push the igniter button it will only spark once at the elements. Normally it keeps sparking until the button is released.

Any ideas out there what is going on here?

Thanks!

Craig

·
Master Mariner
8,957 Posts
For what it would cost to fix it, I'd just buy a gas fire lighter wand instead and forget that fancy item.

Reactions: bvander66

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
The battery should be below the stove on the right side facing the inside at the front. Single AA battery.

·
BJV
242 Posts
Ours hasnt worked for 12 years and they want ~$80 for new ignitor box, plus the 3 hrs work to install. Quite happy with $2 wand lighter.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I use the wand lighter on one of the stove top burners which is no problem; however, on my propane force 10 heater the wand is a pain to get to that burner. I haven't been able to find a replacement for that sparker.

·
Bombay Explorer 44
3,619 Posts
I have a Force 10 with the same issue. As others have said replace the battery, that is the likely problem.

And as others have said if that does not fix it then buy a barbecue wand. I kept mine going for 3 years then gave up, it was easier to click the wand.

·
navigator
37 Posts
My Force 10, three burner igniter has not worked for some time. I have been using a wand, works well. But I recently decided to fix the igniter. Found the battery box (lower right side situated in a grove formed by the lower edge of the stove). One end of the box had broken off, so I obtained the part number from the manual and ordered the replacement from WM. They called back and said the part was no longer available through the company that made Force 10s(??) Any idea how I can obtain the "box"?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Foamy;
Go to RadioShack, get a battery holder. Pop rivet in place *somewhere*. Wire it up accordingly. Enjoy! :D

·
Puget Sound Pounder
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone! I would have never thought that there would be a battery. Wonder why they didn't just provide a 12 volt igniter so you could wire it to the house battery?

Anyway, thank you for the answers. Adding to my project list now.

-craig

·
Old enough to know better
4,344 Posts
Thank you everyone! I would have never thought that there would be a battery. Wonder why they didn't just provide a 12 volt igniter so you could wire it to the house battery?

Anyway, thank you for the answers. Adding to my project list now.

-craig
I don't think replacing a AA battery quite qualifies as a "project" though successfully replaced it does call for a beer. (it does not take much for me)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts