SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just some guy with a boat
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone happen to own or have actual visual access to both an FX-11 and a Guardian G-16 model anchors, both 7 pounders made by Fortress, who can tell me if the "crown" (the bottom piece where both the flukes and crossbar slide into) might be be interchangeable or could perhaps be made compatible with very light modification, such as might be done with a Dremel tool or basic grinding wheel? I am wondering if a G-16 crown might be used with FX-11 flukes, stock, crossbar, etc.

Thanx!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Although they weigh the same the dimensions are not the same. Even if one part might fit the other, do not do it. All anchors are designed and tested for best performance. As one of the anchor producers state: "If you do not expect fake storms do not use fake anchors".

·
Just some guy with a boat
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice or warning or whatever, but how do you KNOW the crown dimensions of the Fortress FX-11 and G-16 are not the same? Do you have both types in front of you? As it happens, I know for certain that the "mud feet" that screw into the crowns of both types are the identical part, with identically offset screw holes and identical flange cuts for the pivoting shank. Hence, my hunch is that the crowns themselves may be identical, or at least interchangeable, with the FX-11 perhaps having a spiffier finish, but I don't know for sure. Does anyone out there?

·
Old as Dirt!
3,486 Posts
Contact Fortress by email or phone (try Google). The Company is very responsive and can give you whatever information you require.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts