SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
S/V Wyndwitch - Morgan 24
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my cellphone I use the sailnet android ap often alternating durin the day from the cell to my desktop while browsing sn...
Recently when I try to sign in with the app I get an error message"forum password missing".... I have tried all sorts of things shut down the app re-entered name and password etc. Still getting error on android still ok on windows...any suggestions?

·
19,489 Posts
Have reported your post to admin.. please post more detail on phone/browser/etc you're using.. is this a recent 'change'? Any phone upgrades recently? etc....

·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Phone is a samsu n g galaxy note 2 no recent change
Desktop is running win xp 3 no problems there
This started past week. Happens only on the android ap. If I use browser on the cell I can sign in without a hitch. but the sn ap produces this message each time i sign in.
When i acknowledge it blinks then tries to download\ nothing happens. If I by pass sign in then messages load but cannot post etc.
Thanks for your help faster
Cod

·
Chastened
4,862 Posts
I have the exact same error.

Using a Droid Razr smartphone. I have logged out and back in, I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, but the problem persists.

·
19,489 Posts
Gents... is this on the general 'log in', or are you trying to access PWRG?

·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For instance I currently browsing via dolphin on the android... butcan not log on via the ap

·
19,489 Posts
OK.. thanks.
Ron

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,299 Posts
Same error - for the last 3 days on my LG phone running Android.

Normally I don't log out of SailNet; I simply hit the home button, and stay logged in. However, since Sunday, when I try to view NEW posts, I get the error:
! Error
Forum password missing
OK​
I HAVE been able to view updates to threads to which I am subscribed.

My workaround is that I log out, and see what is new, then log back in. But this is a real PITA, and it means that I cannot contribute to the forum from my phone (perhaps that's a good thing:confused:).

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,299 Posts
Bump - still getting this error

·
Wish I never found SN!
2,116 Posts
Me to, Samsung galexy note 2 . Today was the first time I used this phone thingy with the app thingy. so had to log in using the Internet. Any ideas on what to do. Plus I have fat fingers and this tiny keyboard.

·
Wish I never found SN!
2,116 Posts
Bumped......I need an answer please.

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
Moving this to the technical area.

I am almost certain that forum apps are not developed by the SailNet admins. They are all outside developers that enable you to read any forum using their app.

But I'll once again forward this to the admins.

·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The app in question. the one I filed this thread for was/is the Sailnet ap not a multi use app. In any case Im no longer using it but am using internet via android browser. thanks
Chriscod:confused:

·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i no longer use the app....wish they would upgrade this site to respond to small screen formats as they have done on Sailing Anarchy..:laugher

·
19,489 Posts
Reporting to admin (again)....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts