SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandfather passed away recently, and I found a cast iron, little stove/oven. From what I have learned about it, it is a wood burning oven/stove. The smallest model that Shipmate made actually. It is very heavy! Also, it is in great shape to be that old. Anyways some please tell me a little more about my stove. I would love to sell it, but have no idea where to start posting it and also have no clue how much I should ask, Any suggestions or info would be totally appreciated!

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
It is still manufactured Google it like most people would that want to know the value

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
Heather, once you Google and find the value, your best bet would be either Craigs List or ebay. You cannot sell it on this forum at this point.

Best of luck.

·
Old as Dirt!
3,487 Posts
My grandfather passed away recently, and I found a cast iron, little stove/oven. From what I have learned about it, it is a wood burning oven/stove. The smallest model that Shipmate made actually. It is very heavy! Also, it is in great shape to be that old. Anyways some please tell me a little more about my stove. I would love to sell it, but have no idea where to start posting it and also have no clue how much I should ask, Any suggestions or info would be totally appreciated!
FYI see (click on) Shipmate 211

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thirty five years ago I regularly sailed in a weeknight racing series familiarly know as "Old Men in Old Boats". Each of the competitors took turns selecting the course and serving as the jackrabbit for the start; we took our own times finishing a govt. mark. Following once race many of the 'racers" were praising that week's RC for his course selection, "Ja, Ja, vas gut course, Hans. Reach, reach, reach. Ve didn't haf to tack once."

One wag responded, "Yeah, great course. They didn't have to move their coal stoves once."

Now I know where to buy one for my impending dotage.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't think I would ever advise someone to post a personal phone number on an open forum... Might be both against forum rules to say nothing of dangerous... Be careful...

·
Land lubber
1,421 Posts
I don't think I would ever advise someone to post a personal phone number on an open forum... Might be both against forum rules to say nothing of dangerous... Be careful...
My phone number is posted on dozens of forums and has been for close to 10 years. What could possibly be dangerous about it?

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
she posted her first name birth date and cell number on a public forum wouldn't be hard to get the rest of her info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts