SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been busy today - laundry, cleaning gelcoat, etc.

I decided to get some diesel fuel since I'm at a mooring and my tank is just about empty; I'm waiting for the engine to get repaired so I am motor to the fuel dock.

My Jerry-Can of diesel cost 17.76 on this fine fourth of July!!!!! The folks at the Newport fuel dock took their copy of the receipt and said that they would hang it up :)

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts
Bring the receipt back to Europe and show then fuel at 86 E cents per litre and they'll hang it up too!

:)

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Glad to see you're still around, Arnd! What are you sailing on at the moment?

I hope one day I can meet you in person on the water!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on the water but not going anywhere at all as my engine has issues that are being sorted out. I'm in Newport, RI and once the engine is fixed I'm motoring to Annapolis where the repairs and refit is being done.

·
Administrator
270 Posts
I'm on the water but not going anywhere at all as my engine has issues that are being sorted out. I'm in Newport, RI and once the engine is fixed I'm motoring to Annapolis where the repairs and refit is being done.
Glad to hear it. Are you on your 57'? If so, congratulations on getting the damage repaired from the hurricane.

Let me know when you head to Annapolis. I'm only a couple hours away - that's an easy drive for me. It'd be nice to say hi :)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fuel pump has been "misplaced" by FedEx - it seems to have left one facility and never arrived in the next. At least customer service at FedEx doesn't pretend to be sorry that their guaranteed next-day delivery didn't work, they just said that they would do their best to trace it. <sigh> That comes after my $200 postage for 3-day delivery from Germany for the other engine pump took over a week because they, too, had lost it in their system. They kept on blaming "customs", even though the package hadn't even gotten to customs yet; that seems to be a convenient scapegoat for shippers, though. Just blame it on someone else.

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Sorry to hear of the delay. I'm glad you found someone who cares enough to look into it. I hope it'll magically appear tomorrow for you.

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts
Hi Zanshins... I "Liked" your oust but didn't mean I like your situation.
Waiting for parts seems to be the biggest bug-bare in cruising.

Hope your box arrives pronto!

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts