SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Never seen one before, but from the shape and rig size, this might be a fun boat to sail. And you can row it, or put a very small outboard on it. And it only weighs a hundred pounds, so not difficult to move around on a beach, dock, or onto a trailer or car top.

If the sail is okay, parts are all there, and you could glass over that notch in the transom, why the H not?? Looks like fun.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Google, huh. Why didn't I think of that. Thank you.

I was glad to see the specs. I tried to move it into my shop today and could barely budge it. Got my son to help tip it up and a pile of wet sand, a slurry really, came pouring out the hole in the transom. Now it's a lot lighter. I think it's still over the 95 pounds so I think I'll let it dry out for a bit before closing up the holes.

The rig and sail is in better shape than the boat so I'll sure be sailing it come spring. Looks like a great boat for the grandkids to learn on.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
If it had a lot of junk inside, I would try to pressure wash it by sticking a nozzle up in the draining hole while keeping the hull angled down in the back. It will be cleaner and lighter after washing it. JY9 is rather tippy to sail so be ready to get wet on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.