SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Back to just the Jon boat
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FREE CATAMARAN WANTED!!!

This may not seem too strange since it has been done before, but some time ago I posted in a thread (in another forum) that I would like to accept a free 38+ catamaran if one was to offer it.

Since that post ireaney started a new thread in that forum titled WANTED: FREE CATAMARAN!!!. (WANTED: FREE CATAMARAN!!!! - Cruisers & Sailing Forums) Now he, in posts, admits I asked first and should get the first free cat, but I did not start a separate thread so I guess he wins the first one by default. This is not particularly pleasing but life is not necessarily fair.

So this post is the same as his but for me, for the second free catamaran. So here goes…………

I would like a nice ocean capable catamaran if someone has one to offer. I cannot afford the type I feel I need for my dream. What I would like is a nice, ocean capable catamaran with some nice kit that has good head room (I am 6’4”). Since it would be a gift then I won’t be too picky about the brand but I really like the Manta, St. Francis and Broadblue.

So I will anxiously await you to contact me with the details for arranging delivery or a way for me to pick it up.

Thank you very much.

I will really appreciate the boat.

·
Registered
660 Posts
That was fast, eh? ask and you will receive! We need a new mast for our Tayana 42. The one we have is broken , and bent. I would also appreciate a gift of this magnitude! Thank you.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
That is a Voyage 50, capsized on a delivery run off Washington State. Three sailors lost facts unknown. It was a weird loss.

·
Back to just the Jon boat
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a Voyage 50, capsized on a delivery run off Washington State. Three sailors lost facts unknown. It was a weird loss.
I know, but apparenly EmKay owns it now and I am awaiting details.

I am still breathing regularly though.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Actually, if you want to know the real owner I can probably find out for you. The 'new' owner understandably refused delivery IIRC.

If you really want a free cat, I have a 19 year old Siamese I need to off load.
See my avatar for a current picture :)

·
Spam, Food of the Seagods
212 Posts
Hope this help

First, it been a long time I read these articles and I just go search to find them again. :rolleyes:

The first article, I believe they eventually give this free boat to someone else and the second article is a Trimaran they get. :p

Remember, nothing is free, but, we can get a free boat to spend our money on. :laugher

I hope the links work.

How to Get a Free Yacht

Free Yacht Chapter 7: Get an Even Better One and Fabulize it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey Chuck, does that cat happen to have a 53 foot aluminum stick to hold it away with? Hahahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts