SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two clean Jabsco twist and lock type heads - FREE.

Don't have anywhere to go? Well, now you can fix that. Install them in your boat and congratulate yourself on your free head every time you sit down.

I just installed new fancy smancy heads and don't have any use for these or anywhere to store them. They worked fine when winterized at the end of last season but I haven't touched them since I got the boat in 2014, so they are probably ready for new joker valves. Anybody want them either to install or to use for spares? No guarantees but you can't beat the price :) I hate to send them to the landfill but they are destined for the dumpster unless somebody can use them. Can be picked up in Wickford RI or I can bring them to Boston next time I go to the boat.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I thought he was going to suggest installing one at home, so you could keep in practice on the use and maintenance. Good idea!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice offer. Installed a LAVAC on my boat and never looked back. I donated my old Wilcox Critterdon Imperial head to the local Sea Scouts along with a repair kit. If you don't get any takers you might try them.
i hadn't thought of that - Thank You!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought he was going to suggest installing one at home, so you could keep in practice on the use and maintenance. Good idea!
I'd need a really long raw water feed :grin
I did think about installing one at the helm so I didn't need to go below when I am single handed but... never mind!

·
Registered
653 Posts
How ironic . . . .I was just in Wickford, my boat winters at Wickford Marina . . . I have a new head myself, but what about Marine Consignment up the road if you get no takers, beats the dumpster and no real effort other than dropping them off . . .

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How ironic . . . .I was just in Wickford, my boat winters at Wickford Marina . . . I have a new head myself, but what about Marine Consignment up the road if you get no takers, beats the dumpster and no real effort other than dropping them off . . .
Thanks for that thought, Mike.
I'm in A5 (unless they move me) until the 6th. Then, as long as I can sort out a couple of problems and the weather's ok, sailing up to Boston for the summer. If the hatch is open or the dock step is out, I'm on-board getting ready - bang on the hull and say hello.
Geoff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts