SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Middle River area of MD want a free sailboat?

From the sound of it the guy bought it, took all the sails and stuff then disappeared.

Here's the link:
Boat Help Please

I'd go for it but I'm not in a position to refit a boat like that.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Why would someone drop out and just leave and do something like that to someone thats keeping there asses from getting blown up.....only in america

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know. Could be that the hull is in bad shape or maybe he just had no way to transport it and didn't want the hassle of disposing of it. Either way it's a crappy way to conduct business.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Makes you wonder if this is a scam or not. Why would the sale have gone through without the paperwork being taken care of at the point of payment? I hope that the seller isn't trying to stiff "Steve". The "I am a soldier in Iraq" bit has been used by a lot of scam artists lately. Buyer be ware.

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya I'm almost thinking it might have bee a matter of the hull being a piece of crap and Steve bought the boat, saw it was crap, and grabbed everything of use off it leaving the seller with the hull to dispose of.

·
Registered
801 Posts
All I can say is "SHEEEEESH!"

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Doesn't sound like a scam, the seller isn't trying to profit again, just trying to get rid of it now.

Sounds like the buyer (Steve) may have a columbia 24 himself, got a good deal on sails, electronics, etc,etc and then bailed on the carcass

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
ya I'm almost thinking it might have bee a matter of the hull being a piece of crap and Steve bought the boat, saw it was crap, and grabbed everything of use off it leaving the seller with the hull to dispose of.

Damn I type slow :D

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
There was a free 1974 Saber 28 HERE for weeks they had a hard time getting anybody to take it

I mean who would not want a free saber with NON-RUNNING atomic four:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts