SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
There are several drain valves on this engine that you need to open. On mine it has a little clear 1/4 inch tube attached to each one. The heat exchanger is the part with the radiator cap. If the engine is cold it is safe to take it off for a look. You should have it loose for it to drain properly.There is no one drain valve like a car radiator. Your heat exchanger is the radiator. Also change the oil and filter. My 3GM30F calls for #30 diesel oil and the same for the transmission. I change both at the same time I do it at 100 hours or twice a year. Good luck

·
Registered
725 Posts
Also the little pump with the small fan belt is your fresh water pump. The inside impeller has to be replaced. Most people do it every wear. The easiest way to do this is to remove the whole thing because the plate you take off is inboard to the engine. It is impossible for me to replace the impeller with out removing the pump. But that's me. Lots of info on this engine. Keep searching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.