SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let the fresh water tank get depleted a few days ago, and after refilling it, the pump runs continuously without fully pressurizing the system. I've got a faint stream running out of the tap instead of a nice hearty flow I had before. Can air in the system cause these symptoms? Do I need to somehow prime the pump, as it were?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Probably needs priming, but without a description of the system it is hard to tell. My pump will self prime only with no backpressure - so I open every tap on the boat and wait until it primes - I can tell by the sound of the pump.

·
Registered
136 Posts
jackytdunaway is right. Simply remove your output line and replace it with the pump running and you should have pressure.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GC, Jacky, lharmon: thanks to you all. GC's suggestion was simplest, so I tried it and it worked. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think you all gave me something of the same solution. In any event it worked. Once again,thanks to you all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.