SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to SailNet & am a basic sailor. I currently live in Queensland, Australia & am an Aussie citizen who is hoping to get to Cuba by boat. I'd really like to be able to crew on a Canadian registered & crewed vessel out of Miami, to sail down to Havana. As for the return trip, I could fly to London, UK or crew on board to the sailboat's next destination. I would hope to be away for only 2 mos, 3 at the most.

My plan is a long way off - I'd love to do it sometime in 2013 - but I thought it smart to start asking around now to ask others how easy or difficult or silly this idea might sound.

Also, I've been filming (video & stills) on boats for some years so what I lack in sailing skills, I can make up for in media skills in case those skills are considered handy for someone wanting a film of their trip. There are severe restrictions to filming ON Cuba itself (and in Cuban waters), but shooting the journey until that point would be fine.

Thanks so much for reading all this. It's nice to be on SailNet.

Best,
Ms Charley

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Welcome. There have been a few trips to Cuba reported here. With a US documented vessel I'm not likely to go there until their government changes. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts