SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the racor 500 is to be used under suction and not made to be pressurized. So put the pump between the racor and the engine.

· Registered
725 Posts
Reaction score
What ever filter you go with. it sounds like you have crud in the tank and you should fix that first. If not a large tank you could drain, flush and fill with new. If a larger tank you may have to have some one polish the fuel. What they do is pump it out and filter it and replace the cleaned fuel.

· Registered
725 Posts
Reaction score
What I did when I had the same was to put a cheap electric universal fuel pump in the line after the filter. them added a 10 foot {as needed} fuel line to the fuel pump. Then pumped all the fuel out into 4- 5 gal fuel jugs. when all the fuel was out I put back about a gallion in the tank then put the extended fuel line into the tank fill and let it run, Wiggled the line to flush all the tank. replaced the filters and when it ran clean I refilled with new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.