SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Reaction score
Tx -

Why do you want to go bigger? The 500 is overkill for that engine, although there are definitely bragging rights involved.

I am thinking you got screwed by a clogged filter by your post?

· Registered
201 Posts
Reaction score
I was waiting for Tx to confirm a clogged filter (he didn't explictly state this happened).

My setup on my 2GM20F is a Racor 120 with a 15 micron filter + a WIKA drag pressure guage to indicate overall vacumn pressure on the suction side.

This might not have helped avoid a tow if TX stirred up a bunch of crud in the tank, but it might have given some warning.

· Registered
201 Posts
Reaction score
Tx - I am going to admit that I considered upgrading to a turbine series (500,900), knowing that it was complete overkill from the 2GM20. Larger filtration area in the media, larger bowl, etc.

I ended up figuring that I could buy a lot of 120 spin-on filters for the $300 it would cost me to upgrade.

I empathize with you, cause I went down the same thought process here...but at the end of the day, I think you got a single batch of bad gas. Continue to use the Startron (great stuff) and keep an eye on the water bowl of the filter. Keep the 120 and spend the $$ on a vacumn guage!

JS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.