SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
s/v Tiger Lily
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace a fuel pump for my Westerbeke 30 (Four-91). It's weeping diesel and it isn't lifting any diesel.

It looks like the original fuel pump is no longer available through Westerbeke, so I'm waiting out the holiday weekend before I can contact a few straggler parts places that might carry this part. I don't have high hopes, but I've found at least one person that shows it on their web site.

Fuel System Parts for Westerbeke W30 Engines

If I can't secure this part, I think that I have to switch to an electric fuel pump ...

SeaChoice 20301 FUELPMP GLD-FLOKT 5.5-4PSI 12V

- Will we need a plate and gasket to close off the spot where the legacy fuel pump is/was?
- What other parts will I need?
- Is there any advantange/disadvantage to going to the 12v electric?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You may want to try calling Vosbury's - (410) 757-3844 or Chris Oliver at Portside (410) 263-3302. Both will know what you'll need to do... Chris converted my motor to electric fuel pump.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,495 Posts
Buy a Facet Gold-Flo electric fuel pump at your local auto parts store. About | Motor Components, LLC | Facet Purolator

Wire it so that it gets power when the key to the engine panel is on. It will make bleeding your fuel system much easier.

Reactions: dvuyxx

·
s/v Tiger Lily
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up finding a place in Canada that still had the standard lift pump. $100. I think that this is the best option since I don't have to modify anything. If it lasts another 40 years ... than that will be fine with me.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,495 Posts
Different strokes for different folks.... :)

$100 is about $25 more expensive than the Facet fuel pump. That, and the fact that bleeding is a snap (you never need to diddle with that lever) make the Facet electrical pump a winner for me. My Facet pump is 30 years old this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts