SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After nearly 4 years of prep and saving we threw off the lines today and became full time cruisers. We sailed from Portland to Christmas Cove for our first stop on our way to Nova Scotia and spending the summer cruising the Canadian Maritimes. We are looking forward to meeting new people, seeing beautiful places, forgetting what day of the week it is and spending lots of time exploring and adventuring.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The adventure begins! I'm jealous. I'm back from my cruise and planning the next one. :D

·
Crazy Woman Boat Driver
840 Posts
Take your time and enjoy every sunrise and sunset. Cheer each day, learn something each day, and love each day.
6 months and counting for us.

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
Good luck. Hope you are going to Newfoundland, it is amazing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congratulations! If you cruise through Island Sound later in the year, be sure to post or shoot us an email (gave you a boat card at Pussers last fall, at the boat show). It would be great to meet up with you guys again as you head south.

-Argyle

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congratulations!! May your days be filled with many new and awesome experiences. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations! If you cruise through Island Sound later in the year, be sure to post or shoot us an email (gave you a boat card at Pussers last fall, at the boat show). It would be great to meet up with you guys again as you head south. -Argyle
Argyle, I am not sure we met last fall. I do not recall attending any boat shows then.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry, brainfart. Had you confused with someone else, the Pussars was flowing so I'm sure you understand. :)

Offer still stands though!

:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congratulations! My wife and I have about one year to go before I retire and we can slip the dock lines as well. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, brainfart. Had you confused with someone else, the Pussars was flowing so I'm sure you understand. :) Offer still stands though! :)
LOL. Btdt.

We will likely be in your area in late October.

·
Old soul
4,917 Posts
Congrats Tim. It's a great step.

We are also easing into our full-time cruising mode beginning this summer. We're heading your way, but won't arrive in the Maritimes until next season. This year we're taking three months to cruise the Great Lakes. Perhaps we'll see you in NFLD in 2015.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now I remember, I bought a router from you! :) By October I should certainly have that cabin sole project done (the reason I wanted the router).
I knew I knew you from somewhere and with a screen name like Argyle which is in our family way back.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Congrats Tim, we have been cruising since Oct 2010 ourselves. Hope to see you out here somewhere. But you might have to come south expecially during winter months. We haven't made it past the Chesapeake yet. But you like not being in a hurry to get anywhere.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts