SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these two parts I think they go to a rolling furler. Need help identifying the equipment and would like to know the manufacturer. I need to find instructions on how to install it and if any parts are missing. Thanks in advance for any help. I have include two pictures for review.

Attachments

·
Sailor
935 Posts
That looks like the type of furler that attaches to a halyard and the bow with the jib stretched out between them, attached to the long D shackles. It is completely independent of the forestay and is meant for smaller sails on smaller boats. I don't know manufacturer but it does not appear that anything is missing except shackles to attach the foot to the bow perhaps.

T

Mandolin, Bayfield 36 sailing out of Rock Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
19,485 Posts
The logo is Schaefer - common supplier for Catalina and others.

This looks like a small boat furler (not a 'reefer') where the sail has a wire luff and/or the 'forestay' itself swivels with the drum. Requires a complimentary swivel fitting at the head of the forestay. Can be used with hanked or zipper luff sails as a rule.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ya'll were right on. It is a Schaefer furling system 400. It is independent of the forestay. I emailed a service rep named Carol M of Schaefer Marine. It is a product of 1979. In addition to their prompt reply she sent me the installation information. Thanks to all who helped me figure this one out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts