SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
Reaction score
I was offered a developer version of the glasses like 6 months ago. Just did not see enough benefit to pay for them. Seems they could be tied in very nicely with on board electronics though.

4,354 Posts
Reaction score
I think a smart watch tied into boat instruments looks more useful than Google Glass (and it is probably easier to see in bright sunshine too).
Well I think the watch would work well for repeating wind instruments, but not chart plotter. Seems it could be really good for a whole team, especially if you had a watch like display that was perhaps a bit bigger, along the lines of say 3 inches. You could have scrolling instructions as well. Better than shouting, and would not give away your intentions to the competition. Could be good for a husband/wife team during anchoring.

4,354 Posts
Reaction score
For me the price will have to drop, $1500 for what is an accessory display seems a bit much, especially with the short battery life. I suppose you should be able to hook up a bigger battery via a cable and have it on a belt holster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.