SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,704 Posts
Reaction score
Oh goody goody goody. Another bit of tech designed to take one's attention away from the real world and immerse us deeper in the virtual one. I can imagine some cretin running down a channel at 20 knots with his attention split between his heads up display, a couple of other gadgets that aren't interfaced into it yet, and a tiny bit of attention on the real world. I'm going to feel so much safer out there on the water, yes I am. Thanks, Google.
When I am sailing I do it the way I have always done it, long before all this tech stuff - by looking at the world around me and making decisions based on what I can see/feel/smell. If there is an element that I can't see and think I need to know it (depth, radar in fog, wind nuances) then I refer to the electronics.

To have my world dominated by electronics - in my vision all the time? That's not for me.

If Google want to pay me some money, I'll wear their stuff to test it for them but ask me to pay$1500 for it?? You've got to be joking, man. :)

· Registered
2,704 Posts
Reaction score
He's already out there, and doesn't need GGlass to make him a distracted menace.
But him watching his GGlass and me watching my GGlass - mmmmm.

Can I get my GGlass to talk to his GGlass? Maybe that way we can avoid each other.

I think at least one of us should be looking at real stuff. It'll be me.

Forgive me - I'm just rambling - I don't even really know what GGlass is and frankly couldn't be bothered finding out.;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.