SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, new to the forum... long time galilee salior. Glad to see some still out there. I bought my galilee in ‘92 and its served me very well. Years ago i lost the rudder and cut a new one out of oak to replace it. Time to make a new one and i figure id ask for the actual dimentions. Can someone measure their length and width? Or better yet will another rudder come close, such as a lazer’s? Thanks

-Joe
Candlewood Lake, Conn.

Galilee 15
Hull number: GAK15437M86G
Sail number: 437

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unfortunatly i have a Cox trailer and not an original galilee one. Here in CT trailers that size arent titled, so if you cant find the VIN the State DMV will issue you one upon inspection and a notiried form.

I replaced my wood block on the motor mount some 15 years ago. I cut a new plate using my old one as a template. Ill measure whats left of it and post a picture with the bolt spacing.

I still have my original sails, jib, main and flasher.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The tiller looks great. I need to also re do mine. What type of wood is it made off?

I’ll measure the motor mount board this afternoon.

The flasher works well in lighter steady winds, though I haven’t used it in a while. She’s been sitting on a trailer for the past 10 Year’s or so. Needs new halyards, tiller, rudder and block for the motor mount. It’s a great boat, I learned how to sail with it in the ‘90s.... kicked her over a few times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The board on the motor mount is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 1 1/2. The philips head bolts are 2 1/2 spaced evenly from each other on the lower half of the mount. The wood mount is pretty shot. I’ll be cutting a new one tomorrow. The grain needs to run up and down, and don’t forget a dummy cord from the mount arm to the motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Taser rudder looks closest though without dimensions tough to tell. The last rudder I made was out of oak. 32 inches tall and roughly 7 wide. I’ll post a picture tomorrow... like the motor mount and tiller it too is in rough shape.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Odd how the earlier mount had bolts spaced higher, I’d assume they were repositioned lower to better accommodate the engine clamp. I think I’ll be making my new mount out of eastern white oak.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What color stripe, galilee decal and storage compartment cover do you have? Mine is blue. I’m looking to have a new set of decals made up at a local vinyl sign shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts