SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks! Went out Port Canaveral yesterday for a sail and can't pick up the bottom on Garmin 546s. Been an off and on problem for awhile. Could someone please guide me, where to start looking and troubleshooting. The unit is 3 yrs old. I also have a 541s for back up and it will not work either. Not sure where to start.. The screen comes up and that part seems to be working. Just doesn't show depth in numbers or on the screen. Could the transducer be bad? Thanks for your great advice! Kevin

·
Bill SV Rangatira
421 Posts
Hello Folks! Went out Port Canaveral yesterday for a sail and can't pick up the bottom on Garmin 546s. Been an off and on problem for awhile. Could someone please guide me, where to start looking and troubleshooting. The unit is 3 yrs old. I also have a 541s for back up and it will not work either. Not sure where to start.. The screen comes up and that part seems to be working. Just doesn't show depth in numbers or on the screen. Could the transducer be bad? Thanks for your great advice! Kevin
i would start with the wiring especially those silly Garmin plugs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.