SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older GPS, a Garmin 152. It's been very reliable, but ever since we rolled into the new year, it refuses to calculate tide information. I can change the date to pre-2012 and get data, but nothing more recent. I'm guessing that the software was not programmed this far into the future from its original creation (planned obsolescence?), but I'm hoping there is a fix available. Is anyone else having this issue?

·
Old as Dirt!
3,488 Posts
I have an older GPS, a Garmin 152. It's been very reliable, but ever since we rolled into the new year, it refuses to calculate tide information. I can change the date to pre-2012 and get data, but nothing more recent. I'm guessing that the software was not programmed this far into the future from its original creation (planned obsolescence?), but I'm hoping there is a fix available. Is anyone else having this issue?
You may need to download and update the software. See https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloadsUpdates.jsp?product=010-00227-00&cID=168&pID=156

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll need to try something else. I already have the most-recent software update. Any other ideas?

·
Old as Dirt!
3,488 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll need to try something else. I already have the most-recent software update. Any other ideas?
JM--If that doesn't work the unit may just be over the hill which--with Garmin--wouldn't surprise me. The engineered obsolescence with Garmin equipment seems almost studied. For this reason I have bought my last Garmin device.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts