SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all- I need a recommendation on a simple fixed fuel tank for an Olson 30. I'm doing Bermuda 1-2 next year, and although the NOR's don't specify storage of fuel, it needs to be sufficient to run my 5hp outboard for at least 20 hours at cruising RPM (roughly 16-20 gallons, per my estimations- which gives me a little in reserve). I would like something that has a simple pump system included that I can just pull the line out and clip it to the outboard, and when done, shove it below deck through the aft Lazarette. It obviously needs to be vented to the outside, but I don't even know where to begin looking.

Any help would be most appreciated-

Ray

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not those- that's an above deck tank. This needs to be below deck and have access through the deck for filling and venting. I'm hoping someone has experience with a good simple setup that installs easily (I have all sorts of room in my aft lazarette for permanently installing one) or at least knows which brands to stay away from. I'm hearing all sorts of stories, and have a few of my own, of leaky tanks.. especially the above deck variety.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya know, the more I think about this (and especially since I have to mix this 50:1 with oil), I'm hesitant about installing this and poking holes in the boat for something this weird.. Maybe trying to figure some above deck solution would be better.

·
Working for next Boat
213 Posts
put a raw gas tank below and mix into an above deck tank, use a small 3 gal above deck tank, one in use one filled and oiled ready to go. yes more tankage but allows you to control the mix, allows you to trade raw gas if need be as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.