1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do I find this window gasket?

Hello,

Any window gasket experts here?

I need new vinyl window gaskets/glazing/moulding. Below is photo of a sample I took along with some measurements. I measured carefully and I think the gasket has metric dimensions. Boat is Canadian.

Does anyone recognize this shape? Thank you!

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I would check with the manufacturer to see who they used for it. If they're no longer around, head to a glazier outfit or car windshield place to see what they can tell you. They may be able to identify the gasket outfit. You may also find out that new materials may conform to the spaces & shapes you need without having to match too precisely. Good luck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
on my 1979 Sabre, I shaped a gasket using 1/16th inch thick butyl tape, seated it then removed the excess. I also coated the interior (i.e.,the core) with clear epoxy then a thin coat of thickened epoxy prior to re-installing the port light.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: How do I find this window gasket?

Hello,

Any window gasket experts here?

I need new vinyl window gaskets/glazing/moulding. Below is photo of a sample I took along with some measurements. I measured carefully and I think the gasket has metric dimensions. Boat is Canadian.

Does anyone recognize this shape? Thank you!

Check with CRL they have all types of glazing materials

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.