SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a new member from Australia.

Relatively new to sailing, I had a Roberts Adventure 25 footer some years ago and about a year ago I purchased a 2004 model Beneteau 393. I haven't had much time to sail her far from the marina yet as I work four weeks on and one week off, she's my home for the week I'm off.

I have the two cabin version and really like the boat, as always there's a few things that need to be done here and there but that's what having a sailboat is about isn't it?

I divested myself of a wife a few years ago so I don't have that sea anchor holding me back, I plan to work a couple more years, pay for the boat and save a pile of cash and then go cruising.

I'm a member of a couple of motorcycle forums and I find them invaluable resources and often the source of a great laugh, I hope this one will be no different.

Cheers
Kev

·
Once known as Hartley18
5,179 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet, Kev. :)

Bundaberg is a cosy place to be parked and there are a few people around here not far from you (SimonV seems to sail past quite a bit).

Lots of stuff here already, but if you have any questions that need answering - ask away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome folks, I'll have plenty of questions, I'm sure. Right now I'm working hard to get the loan paid off and make the most of the one week in five I get on board.

There's plenty I don't know, I've never used a spinnaker for example so at some stage I'll be asking for help there. But I'm at work right now and will ask those things when I'm back on board in a few weeks time.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts