SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,347 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my case it would be a Yankee sleeve . I was looking in the Sailnet store and came across The ATN Genoa Sleeve . There were a couple of vids on it , I think I'll get one . So question is do any of you own one ? Like it ? Thanks .

· Registered
1,347 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan thanks for the post . I'm not really sure I understand it . For many yrs. I had a hank on Yankee and I still have a hank on staysail with a club boom . The Yankee while not a big sail, it is big enough that bagging it was a bit of a chore and also having to do it out on the sprit didn't make it any easier . My Yankee has a cover sewn on that is very light and not expected to last like Sunbrella . I'm going to have it removed , and I don't really want Sunbrella .

· Registered
1,347 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All good thoughts thank you . I think I'm starting to lean toward just getting the light weight cloth sewn back on . It lasted 13yrs. The ATN sleeve looks pretty good and is really engineered well . Watch the vids . But yes you are right Alan it would be extra work , down the line I might regret it . Descanso ? Joking right ?

· Registered
1,347 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I would let you know how it turned out . I'm having the work done at Doyle , And they are doing it just as Sailingfool described . They explained it to me how the cloth becomes part of the sail , And not just goin' for a ride like canvas . Also work being done is a laundry job and some new tack and head webbing and check over for loose threads. Grand total $450.less tax. I still think the ATN sleeve is a good thing but not for me .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.