SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maine Sail has helped many of us with our projects and is generally devoted to helping us maintain our sailboats.

Can we all pitch in and by Maine Sail something that he could use? I'm in for $20. Who's with me?

Maine Sail -- what could you use? We could get you a handheld VHF, new camera, new tripod, wine or beer. Maybe you'd rather get a gift certificate.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Although, the spirit is in the right place...

and I too have benefitted from MainSails advice, I have also benefitted from a whole host of other folks on Sailnet, so I think it would be "unfair" to single out Mainesail.

If you feel that he has helped you out a lot and want to say thank you, I think a private message to him would be the way to go.

Again, not trying to say that this isn't a very nice gesture, just stating that this generousity could apply to a whole host of Sailnet esteemed wisefolk.

DrB

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and I too have benefitted from MainSails advice, I have also benefitted from a whole host of other folks on Sailnet, so I think it would be "unfair" to single out Mainesail.

If you feel that he has helped you out a lot and want to say thank you, I think a private message to him would be the way to go.

Again, not trying to say that this isn't a very nice gesture, just stating that this generousity could apply to a whole host of Sailnet esteemed wisefolk.

DrB
You have a good point. We could start with him and work our way around to the others.

The question - as DavidPM asked a few months back - is how to "pay bacK" for all the help? I'd enjoy thinking that someone who helped me was sipping on a few bottles of wine that I sent them or using a tool that we pitched in and got them.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
You have a good point. We could start with him and work our way around to the others.

The question - as DavidPM asked a few months back - is how to "pay bacK" for all the help? I'd enjoy thinking that someone who helped me was sipping on a few bottles of wine that I sent them or using a tool that we pitched in and got them.

The best way to give back is to take the inspiration and do the same. Maybe documenting the replacing of a manifold, a pump etc - if you follow his example, that is probably reward enough.

·
Super Moderator
6,808 Posts
Thanks guys ... but....

The best way to give back is to take the inspiration and do the same. Maybe documenting the replacing of a manifold, a pump etc - if you follow his example, that is probably reward enough.
Could not have said it better myself!

Thanks guys... BUT.... if you haven't noticed I should be paying you with how much I cost you in upgradeitus..

Seriously I appreciate it enough just watching someone tackle a job they might not have other wise tried because something I posted pointed them in the right direction.

Thanks for the offer but please put your money into your boat or beer!If I see you at a bar though feel free to buy me a drink and we swap bilge stories and 5200 gossip....;);)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts