SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are considering purchasing a 1985 Gib Sea 96 and would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with this model, its strengths/weakenesses. We currently own a C&C 27 and would like to know how the two boats might compare. Thanks for any information you can supply.

·
19,489 Posts
bjmbas had only one post.. 11 years back and hasn't been active here since 2006. He might still get a PM notification, you could try that.;)

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Sailboats built by Gib'sea/Gibert Marine by year on Sailboatdata.com

There is a link on sailboat owners the different makes and models of the manufacture. I am recalling that they are built in Europe. With probably very few brought over here. Swag is, they will be similar in build spec to a jeanneau of that time frame, being as they made a few models for them. Sailing wise, looks similar to my 85 Arcadia from Jeanneau. Mine is reasonably quick. That is the best I can do for you

Marty

·
19,489 Posts
Sheesh.. I looked at Sailboatdata.. didn't find that... good one, Marty.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Faster,

I had to do a search. I knew the model existed. I was thinking initially it was a Jeanneau model. But did not find it in the jeanneau forums boat model spec. Tried "gib sea" as spelled initially, nothing, then a search at sailboat data came up with the "gib'sea" variants. Info is at that link for the 96/9.6 model being looked at. Looks a lot like My Arcadia. Maybe a bit shallower/longer keel. maybe not as quick or stiff....

Marty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts