SailNet Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex continues to produce and post these fabulous vids. Cos the vid thread is locked here's the place for comments and thanks for all his hard work.

or you can tell him what you really think.......:p

Cheers Alex.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Definitely one of the best ways to learn. Thanks, dude.

Now I just want to see a SailingDog video on how to respond to so many freakin' sailing/electronics/gear/seamanship/plumbing/mechanical/political/nuclear-physics/feminine-hygiene questions with actually useful info. There has to be some kind of trick.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Definitely one of the best ways to learn. Thanks, dude.

Now I just want to see a SailingDog video on how to respond to so many freakin' sailing/electronics/gear/seamanship/plumbing/mechanical/political/nuclear-physics/feminine-hygiene questions with actually useful info. There has to be some kind of trick.
C'mon Smack, everybody's heard of Google.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Please note, I generally don't answer political or nuclear physics threads here.. :)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Hell, I'm the first one to admit I know more about women and female hygiene than I do about nuclear physics. :) Women are far more interesting than splitting atoms... :) Far safer in some ways too...but not always. :)
feminine hygiene, yes, phisics, no

:)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Giu, thanks for the new lessons.

You make it look so easy.
I'm still a little intimidated by the spinnaker. I will need to get out with an experienced sailor before I try it alone, or with my equally inexperienced crew.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great videos Giu. Just went through them all.

Now all I need is a backstay adjustment system, boom vang, cunningham, and a modification to the outhaul to bring it to the cockpit instead of adjusting it on the boom. I guess there is always something new to do.

I thought my boat was just a heavy tank, and that was why I always get passed, but I guess I need some better sail control features added to help it along. Or maybe it is just too heavy and that is why she doesn't have them now.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Hey Mr. Buttwipe... how is this your site, when you're brand new here, and most of your posts are whiny pathetic attacks on members who have contributed far more to this site than you ever could. Never mind the fact that you're only about two days old as a member... :rolleyes:

pathetic...amateur...bad quality..

now that he's gone, delete that trash from our site, PULEEEZE

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Hey Mr. Buttwipe... how is this your site, when you're brand new here, and most of your posts are whiny pathetic attacks on members who have contributed far more to this site than you ever could. Never mind the fact that you're only about two days old as a member... :rolleyes:

Mr. BW is simply someone who is afraid to insult Alex in his own name and has therefore signed up with a new account to do so anonymously.
Pretty darn sad. :(

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
He really is pathetic, since most of his posts are attacks on various people, including Cam, you, me, Gui, and a few others... truly a gutless troll...

Mr. BW is simply someone who is afraid to insult Alex in his own name and has therefore signed up with a new account to do so anonymously.
Pretty darn sad. :(

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
pathetic...amateur...bad quality..

now that he's gone, delete that trash from our site, PULEEEZE
Its not you're ******* site!
Untill you add something its not yours you ass.

·
Registered
66 Posts
thanks a ton,,,

Being a motorboat convert they are extremely helpful.....

when people type these explanations, i get so befuddled reading them i give up...

Seeing the stuff makes it SOOO much easier to understand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts