SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
If my CB trunk was glassed over, it would just be a matter of cutting out the slot. Chances are the "repair" would not be gel coated, so sanding off the bottom paint would probably show you the area that was glassed. Cut the middle and do exploratory surgery from there to find the extent of the trunk.

I've got an Irwin 28 with an intact, although leaky, CB system. I'm going to drop the board on Thursday to have at the leak and I was planning on patterning it while I have it out. If you wind up with a sister ship, let me know and I'll make you a copy of the CB pattern. Could provide some photos and dimensions of the trunk and hardware too if needed.

Reactions: christian.hess

·
Registered
44 Posts
The PO probably sealed it up due to an important leak, so don't go there. At a certain point the whole trunk may have to be removed to repair the leak.
That's a legitimate concern but my PO couldn't find his butt with both hands...even if it was glassed I'd get eyes on and make a call based on what I found.

Mine isn't glassed, just a leak by the pin. I'm reseating it this week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.