SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
CS, I sail a C22 and find that shiny on the smooth surfaces is not a problem from an eye-strain point of view. If I were to repaint the smooth sections of the deck, I would go with shiny. There's so little smooth gelcoat on deck that it wouldn't produce too much glare, in my opinion.

That said, I don't think it would detract from the appearance of the deck at all by making the smooth parts more of a satin finish. My boat is an '83 model and even when I wax and buff the smooth surfaces, the best I get is satin. I wouldn't go completely flat but anything north of that will probably look pretty good.

Look at other boats. The new ones are pretty shiny everywhere but the non-skid. I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks great, CS! Post some more pics as you go to keep us updated. My nonskid had been needing repaint for a while, now. I've even got the paint and everything. Maybe you can guilt me into getting off my tail and just doing it.:D

Pat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.