SailNet Community banner

481 - 500 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Speaking of god, this summer reminds me of a great Abomination before the Lord: seedless watermelons. It is certainly blasphemy and it should be illegal to produce such things.
I have no shame; I bought a $3.99 'personal size' seedless watermelon last night, that wasn't much bigger than a cantaloupe or honeydew. And it was downright delicious... :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
In agreement! Yay! AND.. not only are they an abomination, they are also a baldface lie.. they have seeds.. just small little thin ones! Ain't no mo' seedless than a "semi-boneless" ham.. it's either gots a bone, or not.. ain't no "semi-bone!"

:)

·
2,437 Posts
Canada has often been a place folks in the USA flee to in times of crisis.
Mike, I decided to flee to the Florida Keys. The winters are easier to take :wink

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
McCarthy was right, it was proven when the Soviet Union fell and the archives were made public. But then you guys aren't interested in facts, just your own propaganda. The problem with President Obama's birth certificate is in the father's name. His real father is Frank Marshall Davis but since his grandfather was supposed to be tailing FMD they could not put his name on the birth certificate. Google Frank Marshall Davis and tell me that he appears to be a twin to Obama and
Barack Obama senior looks like somebody who was just passing by when he was born.

I'm sorry for posting this because you guys are just too far gone for reality........
This is so far from factual it is funny.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
If you stop and think, saying God is everywhere and in everything means He is part of everything that exists and everything that happens. Which means His (and/or Her) presence is somewhere between neutral and irrelevant... like the sun, which in its shining warms villains and saints alike.

Don't take me too seriously here, guys. Sometimes I just can't stop myself from stirring the pot - especially after someone gifts me a bottle of Bushmills for covering 5 hours of his shift, on top of my usual 12 hour stint.

Poor bottle... we hardly knew ye. :(

·
Old soul
4,497 Posts
Mike
Your continuous pushing of your views on this thread is making you look a little insecure in your beliefs.
Actually, I’m trying to keep this light. Some people take all this stuff way too seriously. But yours is an amusing conclusion. Where do I appear “insecure”? I’d love to see what I’ve written suggests this to you.

I’m not pushing my views on anyone, but if you are perhaps a little insecure in your own mythyogical beliefs, then I can see how my perspective might perturbed you ;).

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'm not getting dragged into a pointless discussion with you, you are entitled to believe what you like. It's interesting though that now you are suggesting that I am perhaps a little insecure in my own mythological beliefs. Unlike you, I haven't pushed my views on this thread even once; you do not know what my beliefs are...to conclude that they are mythological is a bit unfair.
However, I will admit to being a little insecure about my beliefs, concrete evidence is hard to come by.

·
Old soul
4,497 Posts
I'm not getting dragged into a pointless discussion with you, you are entitled to believe what you like. It's interesting though that now you are suggesting that I am perhaps a little insecure in my own mythological beliefs. Unlike you, I haven't pushed my views on this thread even once; you do not know what my beliefs are...to conclude that they are mythological is a bit unfair.
However, I will admit to being a little insecure about my beliefs, concrete evidence is hard to come by.
You’re the one that started this “pointless discussion” Paul, not I. I was trying to keep it light, and then you come in with your “insecure” accusation, with zero evidence. So I just said back to you what you just said to me… Perhaps you should not toss the first stone if you don’t want it sent back at you.

Where have I “pushed my views” on you, or anyone. I’ve stated my views. And yes, the belief in a supernatural force or entity is almost the textbook definition of “mythological.” It’s not meant as an insult. It’s a statement of fact.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
My dad always said that Thor's hammer Mjolnir was actually a pistol. He cited its abnormally short handle, the fact that it immediately returned to his hand no matter how far he threw it to smite someone or something (as though it had never left?), the sound of thunder, etc.

481 - 500 of 506 Posts