SailNet Community banner

501 - 506 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
My dad always said that Thor's hammer Mjolnir was actually a pistol. He cited its abnormally short handle, the fact that it immediately returned to his hand no matter how far he threw it to smite someone or something (as though it had never left?), the sound of thunder, etc.
An alien with a misidentified ray gun? Cool.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
LOL Glad I could get you all going again, is toooo easy :) I say live and let live at the end of it all I guess everyone will find out what is on the other side. Good luck!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,777 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Actually the basis of an older Science Fi story. In our near future a young marine gets caught point blank in a nuclear explosion,,,Time is warped and he is zapped back to ancient Scandihoovia. Has his sidearm but things don't go well. They rarely do when messing with paradoxes.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
And one more, that I think tops the rest.

I was pretty nomadic the first twenty years of my adult life. I think 'footloose and fancy-free' is the operative term; I lived and worked all over the country. And after one disastrous attempt at marriage, I settled for a series of mostly pleasant but temporary relationships. By the time I hit forty, I had pretty well resigned myself to the likelihood that I would probably never have a lifetime companion, much less a family. Then I met my current wife...

We've been married thirty years now, and I couldn't ask for anything more wondrous than seeing her dance with our younger son at his wedding last year.
Bumping this thread...

At the age of seventy, I'm a grandfather. Her name is Moira, she weighs 7 lbs and change, she was cooing and carrying on within minutes of being born, and she's indisputably the most beautiful newborn this side of the Mississippi - or any other side, for that matter.

She obviously got her looks from her mom. Because her dad looks like a taller, younger version of me... :)

Attachments

501 - 506 of 506 Posts