SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"OLD SALT"
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help and info. My contract is up in Iraq next year and I will retaire, and start full time cruising. I have a 38' Hughes. Where I need help is, I would like to go to the Eastern Caribbean but for my $$ I think the Western Caribbean would be cheaper. My quistion is witch would be better to go to and get more for your money? Isla Mujeres Mexico,(El Milagro Marian) witch is very nice. But my understanding they raised the price for slip fee's. Do any one know how much it might be.

The other place is Monkey Bay Marina, Rio Dulce, Guatemala. Never been there but understand it is cruiser friendly. I also would need to know the rate for slip fee's and any info about the marina that might be of some help.

The last part of my help me out quistion is, if any of you have a better suggestion of other marinas where I might stay that I can stretch my $$ and get the most out of the marina?

Thanks for your feedback and info.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Easy-

I'd avoid Rio Dulce, Guatemala, since it has been an active area for piracy of late. LINK

·
"OLD SALT"
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dog, I read the Post and know about it. I thought they might have it under control by now. It seems like the thugs are every were now days. I will keep your advice in mind. Again thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts