SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master Mariner
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you all remember, Gonzalo I hit St Marin and put a lot of boats ashore, so taking this one lightly could be a mistake.
All but one of my sources has this tropical storm passing directly over St. Lucia with maximum sustained winds around 45 knots. These sources indicate that it will lose strength just before it passes Barbados and continue to down grade as it moves WNW across the Caribbean.
The other has the eye passing over the southern bays of Grenada. It's a bit early to make any definitive prognostications so I'll just leave it at that.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Where are you now? What choices do you have? Are you worried about the next wave? Looks like that one can be problematic as well. Not much shear around. Spoke to my yacht manager repetitively through the day. Totally still with rapidly rising temperature and humidity in SLU. He’s leaving IGY at crack of dawn for port vieux fort . Loading 1700.

·
Master Mariner
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you now? What choices do you have? Are you worried about the next wave? Looks like that one can be problematic as well. Not much shear around. Spoke to my yacht manager repetitively through the day. Totally still with rapidly rising temperature and humidity in SLU. He’s leaving IGY at crack of dawn for port vieux fort . Loading 1700.
If they can get your baby on the ship tomorrow or early Friday, she should be OK. It really shouldn't be much of a problem for a ship that size. I'm really happy you made the choice to ship her home.
I'm in Tyrrel, quite happy where I am if it goes either way. Sails coming off tomorrow and covers definitely coming down Friday. Extra anchors and rodes will be laid out on deck, though I doubt they'll be necessary. Unless something really unlikely happens, the absolute worst I can see for us is around 70 knots for a few hours. No biggie.
It's way too early for the two behind Gonzalo, but I'm thinking that something will come down across NA and push the Bermuda high east, so those storms should go well north of us. We'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts