SailNet Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21,765 Posts
I always get a chuckle at the prudish reactions to women's clothing on videos shot in tropical heat and humidity. There was no sexual innuendo in the vid. Sure, the thumbnail may have been gratuitous, but welcome to 2020. The 1950s ain't coming back.

·
Old soul
4,544 Posts
There's no doubt both of them are using their sex appeal to attract views. That's the norm on most successful Utubes. But that's completely missing the point of their video, and I believe of the intent of this thread.

The point is that there are ways to live this cruising life without having a monthly budget of many thousands of dollars. This couple was illustrating this with a few examples. You certainly don't have to agree with all their approaches (I certainly don't), but the broader point is the important one.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The dude is batting way above his average when it comes to his GF - I have seen some of the videos - enjoy seeing people on their "needs work" boats but out cruising -

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Re: Good bang you bucks or just nuts???

Well that has been around a long time and you can find out more on it by people more reliable than a bikini wearing blogger with some research
Precisely why I asked here at sailnet. Where I know I'll get good feedback from folks I've come to "virtually" know and trust.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Take a look at the video where he free climbs the mast, impressive but crazy...

As said, out there and doing it but with a different mindset.

·
Master Mariner
8,369 Posts
Re: Good bang you bucks or just nuts???

It really was not..not that I mind seeing the bikini I was embarrassed when that thumbnail displayed on the post......I had never heard of using galvanized cable for rigging....I just had to know what everyone here thought about their cost-cutting
I had galvanized wire on my old gaffer and replaced it with the same in NZ some years later. It was spliced into loops to go around the mast aloft and around thimbles at the turn buckles. We used a mix of white lead paste, turpentine and bee's wax to coat it and it never rusted.
Many traditional sailing vessels use galvanized wire and if properly cared for it is every bit as strong as SS and long lasting.
Shortly after we rerigged in NZ we were capsized three times in a cyclone off Fiji and did not lose any of our rig.

Reactions: JoCoSailor and Arcb

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take a look at the video where he free climbs the mast, impressive but crazy...
That was the one I watched and decided not to watch any more. GF didn't know how to sail at the time. Away from land. I don't rubberneck car crashes either. Miracle they are still alive.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts