SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are just looking around for different marinas in florida. We are looking for a marina only 5-7 hours from Atlanta and in clear ocean water. hope to hear janis

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
If you want clean ocean water then stay away from Florida's east coast. I have covered much of the coastline, and have not seen that one yet. I understand the panhandle is pretty.......i2f

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
inexpensive marina

try the "bill dye marina" in north jacksonville, florida on the trout river, off the st. johns river. 904-766-0105

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The Jacksonville Trout River Marinas are in a depressed area of town, exposed to NE winds and not in "clear" water. There are some excellent marinas in NE Florida. Clear water should not be directly associated with clean water, but if clear is your requirement, you will need to search south of a 5 to 7 hour drive from Atlanta on the East Coast starting around Jupiter Inlet. We spend a few months every year at Fleming Island Marina on the St, Johns River just south of Jacksonville. Excellent access to a quick afternoon sailing, a little longer to the ocean, but a nice place. The St, Johns offers some good places to hide out from hurricanes. 'take care and joy, Aythya crew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts