SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Any opinions or suggestions for a sailboat in the 45-55’ range to liveaboard? Would be wife and I, 1 year old, 7 year old and a medium size dog. Want minimum 3 staterooms and 2 heads. The Beneteau Oceanis 51 and America 523.

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,495 Posts
Where do you live or intend to live? Liveaboards are years out almost anywhere on the West Coast. On a boat that size maybe a decade.

·
bell ringer
4,805 Posts
lots of boats meet that requirement. Save yourself time and craziness and go to yatchworld.com and search

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
  • San Diego likely MWR Marina Coronado. Active duty. Wait lists aren’t that long I checked around there.
  • budget is $200k

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,495 Posts
  • San Diego likely MWR Marina Coronado. Active duty. Wait lists aren’t that long I checked around there.
  • budget is $200k
That is fortunate. Living aboard and working on Coronado would be a very pleasant way of life.

I would talk to a broker when you arrive in SD. With a budget of $200k there will be a lot of boats to choose from in Socal. WIth that kind of budget you could also look from Mexico to Seattle, maybe Canada if it opens to Americans by then.

·
Master Mariner
8,371 Posts
Are you looking for a houseboat or one you will eventually go cruising on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should be able to pick up a Liberty 458 in that range. IMHO it is exactly what you are looking for, two full cabins with one of the cabins set up with three separate bunks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts