SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a looooong assignment in Chile I finally made it home...finally (this one was long).

Let me tell you one thing I was thinking today during my travel...I really think we should allways thank God and be gratefull for what we have and He has provided...I sure am...every morning..really.

We take so many things for granted..we normally don't value what we have, and it's a shame...traveling so much makes me value what I have more than anything..

if, (God forbid), something was to happen to me, I would miss all this forver..and one only wonders how frail and exposed we are...for example..I spent 10 hours over the Atlantic today in an aluminum tube..see what I mean???

I wondered about people seting sail, without preparation, without wondering how frail life is...damn..it's good to be alive...reall is..

Anyway..I really missed my boys and my wife, so I was really happy to be arriving home..

Anyway..here I am, at home, safe, playing with the boys...we built a pirate's set...and this moment..NO ONE will take from me...

I also had a perfect dinner cooked by Giulietta...franginho A Portuguesa..hum hum...missed that too....

Tomorrow, sail all day, because, I admit..I miss the boat too...(more on that tomorrow)..

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Giu you proved a point. Home is where the family are at...
Enjoy the Holidays coming up.
Tomorrow the Americans will be stuffing themselves with Turkey, Ducks and other holidays foods for their Thanks Giving Day. so......
Happy Thanks Giving and a Merry Christmas...:D :D :D :D

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice ya made it back home. So, the Chilean money worked out then. I remember chatting with ya before your first trip down there.
Charlie, yes...amazingly that worked out really well. I have more business with them next year too.

They are excellent people, need a lot of help, and have a lot of problems, (of which I solved most or told them how to solve the rest)..mainly because they were serviced by greedy amateurs, that sucked money out of them left and right and nevcer really saw the problems..I think only so they could come back and milk that cow..

I admit the first time I went there, as a "trial run" a few weeks ago, I was nervous and didn't know how it would be..but it was an un-substantiated fear.

They treated me 6 stars...they also pay in 5 days, something I realy admire, as sometimes I have a 120 day lag on invoicing.

I was treated to private drivers, best hotel in town, all expenses paid, including my daily wine research...and all meals too. I may have gained a few pounds in this one..

Anyway..next year I have 3 mre customers there...which I will gladly serve.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Giu you proved a point. Home is where the family are at...
Enjoy the Holidays coming up.
Tomorrow the Americans will be stuffing themselves with Turkey, Ducks and other holidays foods for their Thanks Giving Day. so......
Happy Thanks Giving and a Merry Christmas...:D :D :D :D

Boasun..I hear you man..I really do...

Happy Thanks giving...(which we obviously don't have that holiday, because have no Indians and settlers)..but its a US holiday I know well and know how important is to you guys...

Happy tukey feast, buddy..
Same to you all my crazy America friends

Alex

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Welcome back, Alex.

You're a good dad.

I suspect that you are also a good sailor, but I am more confident that you are a good dad.

Best wishes to the family

David

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Sorry I missed you the other night.
Glad to see you are home safe.
Leaving tonight for Jacksonville (and HHI to see the Sail Hog) so I will not be able to be reached for the next 4 days. Be safe.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Good your home,
Enjoy the kids.When they leave the house and are on there own MOVE SO THEY CAN NOT COME BACK...You do not want to know how i know this..:D

Mark

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MArk, in this country, boys and girls stay in the house till they get married.

After marriage, we tend to buy houses near the parents, and most families see each other everyday..we do..and encourage the boys to do the same...

we see the inlaws and my mom everyday..we live within 15 minutes from each other, so does the brothers, and sisters..we're weird..but it's the way we are...my cousin, never married is 42 and lives with mum and dad...he has a house, off course, so he lives there when he has girlfriends..but whn out of a ride..he returns home

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My daughter and her new husband live one block away. We get to see each other every day. The boys are a bit further so that's tough, particularly with grand kids. But they all love the boat so life is good!!

·
Roadkillibus Texanis
1,602 Posts
MArk, in this country, boys and girls stay in the house till they get married.

After marriage, we tend to buy houses near the parents, and most families see each other everyday..we do..and encourage the boys to do the same...

we see the inlaws and my mom everyday..we live within 15 minutes from each other, so does the brothers, and sisters..we're weird..but it's the way we are...my cousin, never married is 42 and lives with mum and dad...he has a house, off course, so he lives there when he has girlfriends..but whn out of a ride..he returns home

It was kind of like that here a long time ago Alex. All kidding aside . . . . . . . you and your family are all class. It shows. We get together with our family tomorow for the big dinner and sharing. You're right Alex . . . we should be grateful.

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving, Giu. We're thankful that you are part of our lives. May God Bless.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I'll second that... and Happy Thanksgiving to you Sway. :)
Happy Thanksgiving, Giu. We're thankful that you are part of our lives. May God Bless.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts