SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No!
But I suggest you check your GPS aeriel location (even wet sails can block gps signals) and is you datem on the GPS set correctly for the charts you are using.
Are your charts currenlty corrected?
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a Magellan 300M with WAAS accuracy built in. Today I had a chance to check it out and it was right on the money on the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis. I have two units. The other is a Garmin 76 and it is in agreement to a couple of thousands with the Magellan. I was also wondering if post 911 the military had started degrading the signal again. It look like they haven''t. Anybody else have any info?
Jerry

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don''t currently sail with a GPS on a consistent basis. I work in a boating supply store. Post 9-11 there was a bit of a delay in reading satellites. Then it got back to normal. Now, once more, there seems to be a bit of a delay. But, again, I am not using one daily, this is more on a twice a week or so showing of the products to customers. And, once obtained, the readings seem to be spot on, just takes a bit longer for even the best handheld units to recieve a triangulation.

So, will even itself out in the end, huh?
MaryBeth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts