SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I flew down to Jamaica to put a clients new mast together. The client had snapped her mast a few months ago due to a faulty extrusion on a six year old boat.

Everything was going great, until we unpacked the last box of parts for the spreaders. When we realized that despite the packaging list from the manufacturer including the stainless rivets they never made it into the mast packaging, and so instead of being able to finish the job it was going to take at a minimum another full day to have someone in Florida buy some and get on a plane to Jamaica to courier them down.

As luck would have is, Steve and Tanya at The Finish Line Corsair dealership in Stuart Florida happens to have the dozen rivets we needed. So they arranged a courier to deliver them to the Miami airport where a friend was coming down that night. Twelve hours later we were finishing up rigging the new roller furler when the courier hand delivered not just the rivets we needed, but also a selection up one size and down a size just in case.

I can be pretty harsh with some in the boat industry, but Steve went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed on an impossible schedule. It is people who are willing to go the extra mile that make the world run smoothly, and I wanted to publicly thank him for the help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's great service something sadly lacking so much today
I worked for a company in Melbourne Australia as a sales manager and always impressed upon the sales staff that the sale is never finished until the customer is absolutely delighted with the product
I bet you will tell everybody about ther service and they will purchase from that company
Well done can we please have service like that come back into our lives

1 - 2 of 2 Posts