SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
8,585 Posts
Green?
I doubt it. Yes it may use less tons of fossil fuel/year but probably more per pound of cargo.
Your crew taking 3 months to do a trip that a cago shop takes 8 days think of 3 months of food, fuel, effluent, ropes (made of fossil fuel plastics) sails made of plastics) etc compared to 8 days /pound.

Further you state a few time fossil fuel prices will rise in the future. Why? How? Most economists think it will drop are other energy comes on line as tgeres a world production glut by countries like Iran. That won't be over in a week.

There's different ways to rape the earth, and sailing cargo around it may turn out to be one way.

Mark

·
Administrator
8,585 Posts
I am in St Martin in the Caribbean. Here is the largest supermarket in the French side :

Electricity Line Engineering Font Gas

Rectangle Font Gas Signage Advertising

Whatever product I am selling I want it IN my store on the agreed date. Not one month later because the wind didn't blow somewhere.

If it's expensive, organic wine/chocolate/coffee-from-a-cats-butt it's all the more likely I need it on time because my customers are rich and demand so.

Sailing a cargo boat might sound very, very romantic but, inho, could send the operator broke.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts