SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back.

I'm "Dave the Hypnotist" and I am the not-so-proud owner of a Morgan M22. Some tell me it's a 1968, others shrug. I've not been able to find the hull number inside on the transom but still continue to hope. I aquired this project from SailNet member BriceBurg a few years ago while we were both at New College in Sarasota and have continued his work on the hull, centerboard and rudder. I also did NOT get a title for this boat from him. I'm wondering what to do about THAT too. Any suggestions? I've got to find that hull number or invent one somehow. I'd like to acknowledge that it is a Morgan M22, but without a title, how do I register and insure, etc?

I've now relocated my permanent base of operations to Cocoa, Florida while the boat sits in Groveland on a trailer with a broken spine. (Loads of fun on I-4 and SR-33. What a day THAT was.) The trailer VEE bent, probably due to a failure of the bow support thus allowing the whole trailer to flex and bow with every bump in the road. This meant that the boat was only supported by the two bunks attached to the axle frame of the dual-axle trailer. So, it continues to sit on said trailer until I can figure out how and when to fix it for further transport.

My current ideas, no pun intended, include removing the spring-loaded outboard mount completely and replacing it with an electric motor from Re-E-Power, to totally redo the "salon" to make it more roomy for my 6"7" frame, and to figure out some way to re-plumb the centerboard to winch fiasco. I also want to install some large watertight hatches in the cockpit area to make the storage area underneath more accessable. All this is just musing right now.

My first priority is to get this boat over to my new yard and find some way to secure it to finish the work on the hull. The yard is VERY sandy and I an having thoughts about building some sort of cradle assembly. The other thing is how to I get the boat OFF the trailer and onto some maintenance stands? All very confusing to me.

If there is anyone that could impart some advice that might cure my many and numbered dilemmas, please shoot me an email.

Thanks so much.

Dave

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Dude - you've got a lot of ambition with a project like that. It makes me tired just hearing about it.

I don't know enough about boat construction to answer your question - but welcome back. And good luck, man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts