SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Burr, for Southern California it is freezing this morning - 47 degrees out right now... I guess it is actually winter!

Anyway, my friends call me JB and I've been sailing since I was a kid. Growing up in Michigan there was no shortage of water but that isn't how I got infected with this life-long infection, that thankfully, isn't curable. It was an ad in Cruising World of a Mason 43 anchored in some tropical setting... Being around 9 years old, I thought that was the sexiest thing I ever saw and instantly I had met my first love. To this day, I can spot one of those perfect sailboats out of the corner of my eye - and it still draws me.
Had the chance to even buy one a couple of years ago, so of course I took the opportunity to go aboard her, and oh-my-God was she nice! I'm 6'4" and didn't need to duck anyplace on board, there are two heads, beautiful woodwork and a great layout. Sure, it was a 30 year-old boat, but she if cleaned up she would be the best looking girl at the party! But of course, the moment wasn't right for my childhood sweetheart and I to finally meet up and the deal wasn't consummated... Sorry, I digress
As I live in San Diego right now, I am In-Between sailboats right now and crew aboard anything that I can and regularly sail on a Hunter 40 and a Beneteau 53. In the mornings, I like to walk down to the bay and watch the BMW Oracle Trimaran at the dock - damn, that is a FAST boat! As a Freelance Writer, you can learn more about me from my website at http://JBWrites.com

Hope you have a great day and can get out on the water!

JB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi JB
yes indeed , the sweet lines of the Mason 43 do not compare. Now they all look alike and in the carre one has the impression of geting in a refrigerator . I had a John Alden Fuji 35, also very elegant.
Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts