SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Digital Forge
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered SailNet. Looks like a very good and busy forum.

I am competing next in our local club regatta in my Atlanta 25 'Jolly Roger' so will post some updates on my blog.

I also just released 'SailSim' a sail training/simulation app for the iPhone and iPod touch and am keen to tell the sailing community about it. It was inspired by my kids learning to sail 'Toppers' (they are 10 yo twins) and wanting them to be able to feel the wind on their faces and see how the boat sails should be set - off the water where it's easy!!

I'd love to get some feedback from SailNet users.

SailSim is on the iTunes store or you can see it on YouTube - just search for SailSim or thedigitalforge.

Good sailing all.

P.S. How about an iPhone thread? There are a whole load of great sailing apps available!

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Hey dig - welcome to SN dude!

I like your idea about an "App" thread. I have iNavX, AyeTides, and WindMeter on my phone. Very cool stuff. Always interested to see what else is out there.

I'll check out your app one day soon.

PS - You might suggest to CrusingDad that a "Technology" forum would be cool. That could cover the newest stuff in one place.

·
The Digital Forge
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Smackdaddy!

I am a developer and user. The iPhone has got sooooo much potential. An app I recently bought is JourSail - this is a *superb* logging application (not written by me, by the way...wish I had :) I would recommend you have a look as it makes keeping an accurate, full log a breeze at sea.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Fair winds and good sailing!

Jim

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
No worries dig. I suggested a new Technology forum to the mods. We'll see what happens.

Later.

·
The Digital Forge
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SailSim freebies

Hi SD,

I have some free download codes for SailSim (as a developer, you get given a few). Would you like one to get a free copy. I'd be interested in any feedback!

Let me know!

Cheers
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts