SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Roxanne
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
My S/O (John) and I recently moved to Florida from New York after selling everything so we can sail.
We've been planning this for five years now. Our six grown daughters thought we had dementia when we first told them our plans, and until we left NY, I don't believe they thought we were serious. Where do they think THEY got their fierce independence? LOL

We intended on buying a 30 foot, and looked at many, but couldn't find a sea worthy one before the cold NE winter set in. A guy just a few miles from where we lived was being deployed and he had a Sirius 21 for sale....cheap! We figured, why not, at least we'll be on the water and out of the cold, even if it wasn't exactly what we wanted. The boat was in real good shape, good sails, and solid hull.

We're still on the hard, working on our Sirius 21. Right now we're boring out all the screw holes and refilling. Also sanding and re-staining the wood, built a new table with curly maple from our previous ownership of a saw mill. We still need new rigging and a motor, (looking for a good deal on a used 6hp ob long shaft).

I look forward to this journey, but dayyyyammm, I've so much to learn!
Rox

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
Welcome, Roxanne.

You'll find a lot of help and guidance on this forum. Best of luck and enjoy your new lifestyle!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts