SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to machine some new all rope halyard sheaves for my Coronado 25. I need some help with dimensions, I know the pin diameter is 5/16th, what I need is the overall diameter and the width. The mast is up and I don't want to take it down just to measure it, then step it, then drop it again to change sheaves & halyards then step it again. Please help.

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
This varies heavily boat model to boat model. You might have better luck asking the same question on a Coronado specific mailing list. It looks like there is one on Yahoo Groups:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Coronado25/info

If you are machining them yourself then you know that this is quite a quick operation (it takes me about 20-30 minutes each). You could drop the mast in the morning, pull out the old sheaves and take them to your shop, make the 4 sheaves and have the mast back up in the evening.

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This varies heavily boat model to boat model. You might have better luck asking the same question on a Coronado specific mailing list. It looks like there is one on Yahoo Groups:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Coronado25/info

If you are machining them yourself then you know that this is quite a quick operation (it takes me about 20-30 minutes each). You could drop the mast in the morning, pull out the old sheaves and take them to your shop, make the 4 sheaves and have the mast back up in the evening.
I have been on the yahoo group already and no response, I think everyone is frozen over there. As far as machining thats a 5 minute cycle time, problem is the shop is 35 miles away and I can't leave the boat with the mast down in the marina. Also I don't have the ability to lower the stick without a bunch of gorillas to help. My son will go up and rig a block off the masthead and rig a halyard to go up on that one and then change the sheaves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.