SailNet Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
alright ...well done....im no surveyor, but have worked on the water for the past 45+ years, and something's are quite easy to deduce from what you see.
Interesting to see where is this Christina located, what's the website?

post pics please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think its the boat, I think its the bother of climbing the mast or winching in the genoa, some sail-folk are getting on in years ?

Ill check as I am looking at them too! Im based in South Africa....Seattle is far!

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ha! Yes, that could be the case! Good luck! Keep us posted on what you find?? Who knows maybe our paths will cross while exploring the world!?!

·
Registered
11 Posts
We may very well cross tracks one day.....that HC-C may still be worth another look, look for rust marks/weeping on her topside rigging, close to connections. Check for brownish stains .....:|

Send a surveyor to look at her properly!

@ TQA....is that your present-day estimate?

·
Registered
6 Posts
We may very well cross tracks one day.....that HC-C may still be worth another look, look for rust marks/weeping on her topside rigging, close to connections. Check for brownish stains ...../forums/images/SailNet_Toucan/smilies/tango_face_plain.png

Send a surveyor to look at her properly!

@ TQA....is that your present-day estimate?
I'll look again! Thanks for the tips... The unknowns are what scares me, and I am looking on behalf of someone else, so, I am even more critical.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there - Update on 48 HC Christina... We have visited her again, and learned a bit more about some of the mysteries... as it turns out, the water damage is the most minor issue. The engine will need to be replaced the reported 'oil leak' by one agent was then reported as a 'fuel leak'... the number of hours on the engine, and the history of the boat... stored in Alaska for a time, Hawaii and Oregon before Washington... With the work that has been done it is apparent they are looking for the source of the leak. All this with the consideration of age and hours tells us it needs to be replaced. The standing rigging will need to be replaced before heading offshore... all these costs added to the price of the boat means it is way overpriced. Seattle generally has a higher premium on boats... Now, if someone wants to use her on an occasional weekend and liveaboard her in the Puget Sound, then its good.

I hope that you have found what you are looking for.

We have moved on and are looking boats of similar caliber but not HC. Sadly as I lived aboard an HC38T for 4 years, and it's hard to compare ANY boat to a HC as it is like comparing apples and oranges.... nothing compares to HC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
where do i find the plate with the vessels info manufacturer on the hans christian christina yachts?????

21 - 31 of 31 Posts