SailNet Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Silversailor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some information on Hanse, generally, and the Hanse 370, specifically, might be helpful to many of you trying to decide which production sailboat to buy. I purchased my 2006 Hanse 370e new, sight unseen! I had already carefully inspected and sailed the 2005 Hanse 342, by the same designers and was very impressed. I had a special opportunity to purchase Hull #9 of the newly designed 37 footer. I permitted it to be displayed at the Cleveland and Chicago Sailboat Shows and took delivery in early 2006. I have now completed 10 seasons sailing her extensively on Lake Michigan. I am an active cruiser and, since 2007 an active racer as well. My personal view is that my Hanse was very well made. Not perfect... but then, nothing is. It offers a combination of comfort and speed that I don't believe any comparable production boat offers. My wife and I cruise every summer for about 3 weeks. We have adequate storage for all the food, clothing and accessories that we want. If we have to stop it's generally not to reprovision, but to buy something that we forgot or now have a taste for. In addition to weekly buoy races (she's not designed for W/L) I do several distance races each season. How well does she perform? Well, in the past 7 years of competing in the Queens Cup (across Lake Michigan, at night, distance of 68-88nm depending on finishing port) we have 5 flags: a 4th, two 2nds and two 1st, including second overall out of about 165 in 2015! Now that's a cruiser with a turn of speed. In short, I highly recommend Hanse to anyone looking for a well made, comfortable and speedy cruiser/racer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts